Megh R. Goyal, Subrota Hati
Apple Academic Press
December 15, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 423 Pages - 8 Color & 10 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888011 - CAT# K419282
Series: Innovations in Agricultural & Biological Engineering
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$35.99 on each
While also addressing the need for more effective processing technologies for increased safety and quantity, the dairy industry needs to address the growing customer demand for new and innovative dairy foods with enhanced nutritional value. This volume, Engineering Practices for Milk Products: Dairyceuticals, Novel Technologies, and Quality, looks at new research, technology, and applications in the engineering of milk products, specifically covering functional bioactivities to add value while increasing the quality and safety of milk and fermented milk products. Chapters in the book look at the functional properties of milk proteins and cheese, functional fermented milk-based beverages, biofunctional yoghurt, and antibiotic resistant pathogens, and other probiotics in dairy food products.
The information found here will be of value to the growing dairy industry in India, globally the largest milk producing country since 1997, and the research will also be useful for dairy food engineering professionals wherever milk and dairy products are produced and consumed.
Part 1: Functional Bioactivities Of Milk Products
1. Functional Properties of Milk Proteins
Veena Nagarajappa et al.
2. Composite Dairy Foods: Scope, Applications, and Benefits
Rekha Chawla, Santosh Kumar Mishra, and Veena Nagarajappa
3. Functionality Enhancement in Cheese
Apurba Giri and S. K. Kanawjia
Part 2: Novel Technologies In Processing Of Milk Products
4. Emerging Trends in Concentration and Drying of Milk and Milk Products
Sunil Kumar Khatkar et al.
5. Technological and Biochemical Aspects of Ghee (Butter Oil)
Pinaki Ranjan Ray
Part 3: Technological Advances In Fermented Milk Products
6. Functional Fermented Milk-Based Beverages
Narendra Kumar and Vandna Kumari
7. Biofunctional Yoghurt and Its Bioactive Peptides
Jagrani Minj et al.
8. Antibiotic Resistant Pathogens in Milk and Milk Products
Ami Patel, Falguni Patra, and Nihir Shah
Part 4: Quality And Safety Of Milk Products
9. Quality and Safety Management in the Dairy Industry
Kunal M. Gawai and V. Sreeja
10. Genetic Improvement of Dairy Starter Cultures and Lactic Acid Bacteria
Lopamudra Haldar and Soumyashree Saha
11. Metabolic Engineering of Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB)
Mital R. Kathiriya, J. B. Prajapati, and Yogesh V. Vekariya
12. Metabolites of Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) for Food Biopreservation
Santosh Kumar Mishra et al.
13. Shelf-Life Extension of Fermented Milk Products
V. Sreeja and Kunal M. Gawai
14. Probiotics: From Science to Technology
Vandna Kumari and Narendra Kumar
15. Applications of Probiotics in Dairy Food Products
Divyasree Arepally, Sudharshan Reddy Ravula, and Tridib Kumar Goswami
“Covers all the aspects on recent happenings in the dairy and food industry. This edited book has been compiled with chapters from scientists working in different disciplines in dairy science and technology on the functional milk proteins, functional cheese, probiotics, and functional dairy beverages, mechanization of dairy processing, non-thermal technology, antibiotic resistant pathogens, and quality and safety of dairy foods. A useful guide for the undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as for dairy and food personnel for upgrading their knowledge and concepts on recent happenings in dairy science and technology.”
—Yogesh Khetra, PhD, Professor, Dairy Technology Division, National Dairy Research Institute, India