Resources - For Authors
Taylor & Francis USA Copyright & Permissions Page
All material published by Taylor & Francis Group, LLC and its divisions is protected under United States and International copyright and intellectual property laws, and we ask you to respect this when using our material.
Prior written consent is required if you wish to reproduce or translate any of our material. Please be aware that there may be fees involved when material held under copyright is reproduced or translated.
Please note that:
- Permissions cannot be granted verbally.
- Taylor & Francis may not be the copyright holder of the extract or work you wish to use, even if the work was originally published by us. This is especially true with edited anthologies, as well as all illustrations, diagrams, and graphics. Please check the copyrights or acknowledgment pages before making your request.
- Electronic permissions (excluding e-books) can only be granted for one year or semester depending on the request. The following precautions must be taken to order for electronic permission to be granted:
- The material must be protected by security software that protects the work from being copied, downloaded or printed.
- Please note that permission will not be granted if you wish to reproduce more than 20 percent of the original T&F material. For best results, please submit your request as early as possible.
When placing your request by fax or mail, please provide the following information:
- Title and author of the work from which you wish to reprint
- The imprint (Routledge, Taylor & Francis, CRC Press, Garland, Marcel Dekker, etc.)
- The exact page number for the material you wish to reprint. Please provide illustration, figure or chart number, if applicable, as well
- Title and publisher of your book, proposed date of publication, print run and price
- Requested rights (translation, e-book, etc.)
- Territories of distribution for which you require permission (US, North America, world, etc.)
To enable us to deal with your request promptly please supply us with as much information as possible.
Permissions: How can I request permission to photocopy or republish material from a book?
Permissions requests for books published in the United Kingdom are handled by:
UK Book Permissions
Taylor & Francis Group
2-4 Park Square
Oxon OX14 4RN
Fax. +44 (20) 7017 6748
All permissions requests for books published in the United States are handled by:
Copyright Clearance Center (CCC)
222 Rosewood Drive
Danvers, MA 01923
Tel: +1 (978) 646-2600
Fax: +1 (978) 646-8633
Please note that the Copyright Clearance Center clears permissions for T&F authors requesting use of their own material for a nominal processing fee.
Translation Rights: How can I request permission to translate a book?
For permission to translate Routledge and Psychology Press books published in the United Kingdom please choose from one of the following contacts:
Adele Parker, Rights Manager
for Western Europe (excluding Spain and Portugal), Arabic speaking countries, Japan and Poland.
Michael Gibbons, Rights Executive
for Asia (excluding Japan) & Eastern Europe (excluding Albania, Macedonia, and Poland).
Tim Spanner, Rights Executive
for Latin America, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Romania, Macedonia and Albania.
All translation requests for all CRC Press Medical books (including Hodder, Informa Healthcare and Manson Publishing)
Taylor & Francis Group
3 Park Square, Milton Park,
Abingdon, Oxon OX14 4RN
Tel: +44 207 017 6000
For permission to translate Routledge, CRC Press, Focal Press and Psychology Press books published in the United States please contact:
Christina M. Taranto
Sub Rights Manager
Taylor & Francis Group LLC.
711 3rd Avenue, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10017
Tel: +1 (212) 216-7862
Fax: +1 (212) 563-2269
For permission to translate
Garland Science titles please contact:
How can I request permission to photocopy, republish or translate material from a journal?
We are partnered with the Copyright Clearance Center to meet your licensing needs. You can now obtain permission to reuse our journal content quickly and easily directly from our website.
On any article page you can see a Reprints and permissions tab. This will give you the option to order reprints or request permissions for this article through the Copyright Clearance Center's RightsLink® service.
Once opened, RightsLink enables you to obtain instant price quotes, place orders, and track all of your licensing activity in real-time.
For questions about using RightsLink, please contact their Customer Care team via phone 877/622-5543 (toll free inside U.S. only) or +1 978/777-9929, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish your request to be dealt with by Taylor & Francis, please note that you will need to resubmit your request. Requests are currently taking approximately 10 weeks to process. Please resend your request to email@example.com Requests for permission to photocopy or republish material must be received in writing.
Information for visually impaired people.
For all permissions enquiries relating to Taylor & Francis, Routledge, or Psychology Press journals in the United Kingdom, please contact:
Taylor & Francis
3 Park Square, Milton Park
For all permissions enquiries relating to Taylor & Francis and Routledge in the United States, please contact:
Taylor & Francis
325 Chestnut Street