Shakespeare's Language FreeBook
Sign-up to our mailing list to receive this FreeBook!
Shakespeare played a major role in the transformation of the English language, and many words and phrases were written down for the very first time in his plays. As a celebration of his language, we bring you this FreeBook, which brings together a selection of chapters from Routledge publications written by a team of experts.
1. Keith Johnson on Shakespeare’s Language – A Short Interview
2. Using Words: The Fatal Cleaopatra
From Shakespeare’s English by Keith Johnson
3. Prospero’s Language, Caliban’s Voice
From Caliban’s Voice by Bill Ashcroft
4. “Re-speaking Earthly Thunder”: Hamlet’s Sonic Phantoms
From Reverberating Song in Shakespeare and Milton by Erin Minear
5. Classical Binglish in the twenty-first century
By Jatinder Verma
From Shakespeare, Race and Performance, edited by Delia Jarrett-Macauley