Taylor & Francis Group is a trading division of Informa that operates through various Informa legal entities including, but not limited to, Informa UK Limited and Taylor & Francis Group, LLC. Taylor & Francis Group includes, but is not limited to, the publishing imprints of “Taylor & Francis”, “Routledge”, “CRC Press”, and “Cogent OA”.
You may unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link on any marketing email that you receive from us. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries about these practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Taylor & Francis Group - 4 Park Square, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4RN, UK
1. This Prize Draw is run by Routledge, an imprint of Taylor & Francis a trading division of Informa UK Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 01072954 whose registered address is at 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG (the “Promoter”).
2. By participating in the Prize Draw, all participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
3. In order to be eligible to participate in the Prize Draw, participants must:
a. have completed the entry by 15 December 2017;
b. be over the age of 18 at the time of entry;
c. not be an employee of the Promoter, its subsidiary and holding companies, their agents or any other person who is directly connected with the creation and operation of the prize draw or their immediate family; and
d. not be located in a sanctioned or embargoed country according to the International Trade Sanctions, or on an SDN/SSI list, as updated from time to time.
4. The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
5. All entries must be submitted via https://www.crcpress.com/go/humanities_hotlist_2017 and entry is limited to once.
6. The opening date for entries is 12am GMT on 31 October 2017. The closing date of the Prize Draw is 11.59pm UTC on 15 December 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kinds. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries which are not completed for any reason.
8. The Prize Draw will have one winner and 5 runners-up who will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person on 18 December 2017 (“Draw Date”). The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Prize Draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
9. The winner may select any available books from the Routledge website https://www.routledge.com/ up to the value of £150 (the “Books”). 5 runners-up may select any available books from the Routledge website https://www.routledge.com/ up to the value of £75 (the “Books”).
10. The winner and 5 runners-up will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) before Friday 22 December 2017 and must provide a postal address and details of the Books (title, author and ISBN number) to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 30 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
11. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of providing the Promoter of the Books selected. The Promoter will pay the cost of postage and packaging of the Books.
12. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable (can only be redeemed by the winner) and no cash alternative is offered. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, offer or discount. The winner is responsible for paying any additional amount should the chosen books be over the value of £150 or £75, depending on which prize they have won.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
14. The winner’s name and country can be obtained by sending an email address to firstname.lastname@example.org 30 days after the date of the closing date of the Prize Draw.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, nor its parent, subsidiary, affiliated and/or related companies, or any of its or their shareholders, directors, officers, agents, employees, contractors or distributors shall be liable in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the prize draw or taking up the prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or restrict the Promoter’s liability for death or injury resulting from the negligence of the Promoter, or fraud and/or fraudulent misrepresentation. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw which may include the publication of their name, country and photograph in any media.
19. Participants acknowledge and agree that in entering this Prize Draw, they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations including, without limitation, the Bribery Act 2010.
20. These terms and conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
What Information Do We Collect?
When you register yourself on this website, we ask for your full name and email address. When purchasing products from the website, we ask you to provide shipping and billing addresses, including your country, state or province, and postal code. All credit card information is stored and used according to the rules laid out by the Payment Card Industry Digital Security Standard (PCI DSS). You can find more information about this standard in the PCI Quick Reference Guide
Use of Personal Data
Any personal data that you give us will be treated with the utmost care and security. It will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
The personal data we collect is used to provide you with the services you have requested or the products you have purchased, or to respond to an inquiry that you have made. We use certain third party service providers to assist us in providing these services to you; for example, email alerting.
The personal data we acquire via the email alert service will not be used for marketing purposes except where you have indicated on the registration page that we may do so.
We will not sell, rent, or loan any personal data or identifiable information collected on this website, except that we may pass or sell your personal data outside our corporate group to third parties in the event that we sell the whole or part of our business.
When you send email or other communications to CRC Press or participate in virtual focus groups or online surveys, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services.
The information collected from this website will be stored for as long as is required for the uses stated above.
Users' Right to Opt Out
If you do not want to continue to receive email communications from us, please let us know by logging in and using the online form to opt out.
Should you request that we amend or suppress records containing your personal data, we will attempt to do so as promptly as is practical; however, you may receive communications for a transitional period while we process your records.
A cookie is a small text file written to an individual's hard drive that contains the user ID. We do not place other personal information inside the cookie.
We maintain server logs that may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
This website contains links to other websites, including those websites of companies within the Taylor & Francis Group, LLC which form part of the Academic & Scientific, Professional, and Commercial Divisions. Their inclusion should not be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of said websites. Taylor & Francis Group, LLC is not responsible for the privacy practices, nor do we accept any liability in connection with the content of such websites, including those of our group companies, which have their own privacy policies tailored for the particular business practices and sectors in which they operate.