CRC Press Focus books are short form titles available very quickly as eBooks and print-on-demand Hardbacks.
Advantages for Authors
- Speed to market – 10–12 weeks from submission to publication.
- Topicality – Allows you to respond quickly to current affairs and contemporary issues and policies.
- Flexibility – Perfect for situations where you have too much material for an article but not enough for a full-length book.
- Accessibility – Helps you to make your research findings concise and accessible.
- Impact – Format, quick timeframe, and competitive pricing helps your work to impact upon policy and practice.
- Quality – All titles in the CRC Focus program will be subject to our usual high standards of peer review.
- Remuneration – Authors/editors receive a standard Focus royalty on print and ebook sales to individuals and libraries, and benefit additionally from any subsidiary rights arrangements.
- Global Market – You will have all the benefits of your short form title being marketed, sold, and distributed by a major international Academic Publisher with genuinely global coverage.
- Length – 20,000 to 50,000 words including notes and references.
- Format – Each CRC Press Focus title will be published as an eBook (suitable for reading on your e-reader, laptop, mobile device, or tablet, and accessible via library collections). For those that still prefer print, there will be a simultaneous print-on-demand Hardback available.
- Single or Multi-Authored/Edited Collection – Both authored books and edited collections can be submitted.
We welcome submissions in any of the subject areas where CRC currently publishes. Titles published in the CRC Press Focus program could include:
- A short overview of an emerging area or “hot topic.”
- A detailed case-study.
- Reworking of research for a policy audience.
- Analytical or theoretical innovations.
- A timely response to current affairs or policy debates.
- Information and analysis for professionals and practitioners within a certain field.
- Edited collection with a variety of viewpoints.
Want to Publish With Us?
If you are interested in publishing a CRC Press Focus title, please contact an acquisitions editor for your subject area.