Since 1982 I have been teaching in the Mathematics Department at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. I am now a full professor in that department. I have taught a variety of courses over the years, ranging from college algebra, liberal arts math, calculus, linear algebra, Fourier analysis, Fourier optics, digital signal processing, image processing, and mathematics & music.
I have published 19 papers on topics in Fourier analysis, wavelet analysis, logic, image compression, image denoising, and mathematics & music.
I have published six books, they are the following:
1. Fourier Analysis, 1988, Oxford University Press.
2. Fast Fourier Transforms (1st edition), 1991, CRC Press.
3. Fast Fourier Transforms (2nd edition), 1996, CRC Press.
4. A Primer on Wavelets and their Scientific Applications (1st
edition), 1999, CRC Press.
5. A Primer on Wavelets and their Scientific Applications (2nd edition), 2008, CRC Press.
6. Mathematics and Music: Composition, Perception, and Performance, co-author Gary W. Don, 2013, CRC Press.