In 1998, Marc Assael was TEPCO Chair Visiting Professor in Keio University, Tokyo, Japan, while during the years 2007-2012 he also held the position of Adjunct Professor in Jiaotong University, Xi’an, China.
He has published more than 150 papers in international journals, 130 papers in conference proceedings, 26 chapters in books and 9 books. In 1996, his book Thermophysical Properties of Fluids: An Introduction to their Prediction (coauthored by J.P.M. Martin & Th.F. Tsolakis) was published by Imperial College Press (a greek edition is published by A. Tziola E.), while in 2010, his book, Fires, Explosions and Toxic Gas Dispersions: Effects Calculation and Risk Analysis (coauthored by K. Kakosimos), was published by CRC Press. In 2011, his lattest book Commonly Asked Questions in Thermodynamics (coauthored by S. Will, A. Goodwin, M. Stamatoudis and W.A. Wakeham) was published by CRC.
He is acting as a referree for most journals in the area of thermophysical properties, while he is also a member of the Editorial Board of the scientific journals
- International Journal of Thermophysics (Springer, USA)
- High Temperatures High Pressures (Old City Publishing, USA)
- IChemE Transactions Part D: Education for Chemical Engineers (IChemE, UK)
- International Review of Chemical Engineering - Rapid Communications (Praise Worthy Prize, IT)
- ISRN Chemical Engineering (International Scholarly Research Network, USA)
Marc Assael is a national delegate in many committees in the European Union, in the European Federation of Chemical Engineering as well as in many international scientific organisations.
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
2) Risk Assessment