-1974. Diploma Maturità Scientifica. Liceo Statale "G. Pascoli" (Gallarate), Italy.
-1980. Doctor in Chemistry (bio-organic). Universita' degli Studi di Milano. Title of thesis:"Studies on chemical constitution and pheromone activity of volatile substances from Dacus oleae (olive fly)".
-1983-1988. Post graduate national fellowships on the Chemistry of Biologically Active Natural Substances . Department of Organic and Industrial Chemistry, University of Milan.
-1988-2001. Permanent technical scientist. Department of Organic and Industrial Chemistry (Chair of Organic Chemistry II), University of Milan, Italy.
- since 2002. Senior assistant professor in Organic Chemistry, University of Milan,
- Since 2005. Adjunct professor of Environmental Chemistry, University of Milan,
- Since 2008. Adjunct professor of Natural Products Chemistry, University of Milan
-1982. National Researching Award for the studies on pheromones.
1996-2001 Member of the executive board of the Italian Chemical Society
-2002. ACS Award for a “hot article” in Journal of Natural Products: “Synthesis of Analogues of Hyperforin. 1. Modification of the enolized cyclohexandione moiety”
- 2002-2009. Contract professor of Phytochemistry, University of Pavia, Italy
- 2003-2006. Contract professor of Medicinal Plants, Universita’ del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
- Since 2003 member of the scientific advisory board of the Centre for Ethnobiomedicine (Centre of Excellence, Univ. Pavia).
- Since 2006. Member of the teaching staff and organizing board of the Master Course in Natural Products, University of Milan, Italy
-Since 2007. Member of the teaching staff organizing board of the Master Course in Ethnobiopharmacy, University of Pavia , Italy
-1998-2001: Research Responsible of a contract DuPont Agricultural Products-Università degli Studi di Milano for the biological evaluation of natural substances to be used in agriculture.
-2001-2002: Research Responsible of a contract Tecnofarmaci-Universita’ degli Studi di Milano: Structural modifications of antidepressant acylphloroglucinols.
- 2002-2003: Research Responsible of a contract Tecnofarmaci-Universita’ degli Studi di Milano: Phytochemical characterization of acylphloroglucinols containing plants.
-2003-2004: Research Responsible of a contract Indena SpA-Universita’ degli Studi di Milano: Natural products from antiipertensive plants.
-2006-2007: Research Responsible of a contract Renaco Srl-Universita’ degli Studi di Milano: Bioactivity guided phytochemical study of psychotropic plants.
-2007: Research Responsible of a contract Indena SpA-Universita’ degli Studi di Milano: SAR studies on hyperforin derivatives
-2008 responsible of a project and a post doc position UNIAMO (Universita’ di Milano-Cariplo) for a South-East Asian researcher: Isolation and Chemical Optimization of new Antiprotozoal Leads from Nature
-since 2009 responsible of research unit as NIH subaward: Small molecule protein-glycan inhibitors as malaria transmission-blocking therapeutic. Grant Number: 1R01AI082587-01. Principal Investigator: Rhoel David Ramos Dinglasan, JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, Baltimore (MA), USA