Mavis studied MSc. Gas Engineering and Management at University of Salford, United Kingdom and BSc. Civil Engineering at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
She worked with LUDA Development Ltd, Bluecrest College, INTECSEA/Worleyparsons Atlantic Ltd, Technip, Ussuya Ghana Ltd, and Ghana Highway Authority. She has published in several books and journals, and is a member of many National and International bodies such as the Institute of Gas Engineers and Managers (IGEM).
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
• Fixed offshore platform: structural design for fire resistance
• Stress-based design of pipelines
• Reducing third-party damage to onshore pipelines
• Fire safety retrofitting
• Sizing of gas pipelines
• Engineering design of oil and gas pipelines
• Pipeline flow analysis (specifically; gas flow analysis, hydrocarbon liquid flow analysis and pipeline flow improver)