Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
Conducting research in:
• Multisensor data Integration/Fusion: Applications to tracking and robotics.
• Estimation and filtering, Decision theory and its application to tracking with image-based sensors and passive sensors.
• Digital Signal processing and its application to Nuclear Spectroscopy.
• Information theory and its application to sequential fault diagnosis in hierarchical systems.
• HVAC and HVDC systems, design and manufacture of EHV transformers and gapped-core shunt reactors.
• Power System Restoration Plans and Knowledge-based expert Systems.
• Magnetic Shielding from 60 Hz sources Applications of Data Acquisition Techniques to Electrical Power Laboratory Procedures.
• Real-time fault diagnostics of Power Transformers Using Wavelet Transform techniques.
• CADSCAN – Coronary Artery Diagnostics Using Signal Characteristic Analysis. Non-invasive tool for front line detection of coronary arterial stenosis in PCPs office.
• GREEN 707 – Electric Vehicle (EV) – Faculty Advisor for this student led team since Fall of 2009. This converted Chevy S-10 will be ready for drag racing in May of 2012. Raised more than $30,000 and personally donated $1,000 to this project.
• Smart Grid Technology Applications to Micro Grids