Published March 1, 1992
Textbook - 128 Pages
ISBN 9780962374432 - CAT# Y316283
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$3.59 on each
• Designed for students who will be writing research proposals, reports, theses, and dissertations.
• The 15 chapters cover 191 guidelines for effective scientific writing. The guidelines are fully illustrated with easy-to-follow examples.
• The guidelines describe the types of information that should be included, how this information should be expressed, and where various types of information should be placed within a research report.
• End-of-chapter questions help students master the writing process.
1. Structuring a Research Report
2. Writing Simple Research Hypotheses
3. A Closer Look at Hypotheses
4. Writing Research Objectives and Questions
5. Writing Titles
6. Writing Introductions and Literature Reviews
7. Writing Definitions
8. Writing Assumptions, Limitations, and Delimitations
9. Writing Method Sections
10. Describing Experimental Methods
11. Writing Analysis and Results Sections
12. Writing Discussion Sections
13. Writing Abstracts
14. A Closer Look at Writing Reports of Qualitative Research
15. Preparing Reference Lists
Appendix A Checklist of Guidelines
Appendix B Thinking Straight and Writing That Way
Appendix C The Null Hypothesis and Significance Testing
We provide complimentary e-inspection copies of primary textbooks to instructors considering our books for course adoption.