Europa Publications, Juliet Love, Jillian O’Brien
Published October 27, 2005
Reference - 860 Pages
ISBN 9781857433159 - CAT# RX10758
Series: Western Europe
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$171.00 on each
Presents text, statistics and directory information on the geography, recent history and economy of the Western European countries and territories.
Key features include:
* Contributions from acknowledged experts
* A definitive factual and statistical survey of each country
* Some 800 pages of impartial data.
* Introductory articles written by acknowledged experts cover issues of regional importance, such as: The European Union Towards 2006; European Defence: All Illusions Exposed; The Politics of Immigration and Asylum in Western Europe; Economic Survey of Western Europe and Western Europe and the Developing World.
Individual chapters on each country, which comprise of:
* An introductory survey, containing essays on the geography, history and economy of each country, which includes a full chronology and map
* An extensive economic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education
* A full directory section with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail and internet addresses covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry, tourism, defence and education
* A select bibliography, containing suggestions for further research.