Published November 29, 2007
Reference - 624 Pages
ISBN 9781857434347 - CAT# RU434X
Series: USA and Canada
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$171.00 on each
This renowned reference title provides essential statistical and directory material on these vast North American nations and the issues surrounding it. Completely revised and updated, this ninth edition brings together statistical, factual and directory information on these two vast nations and their constituent states, provinces and territories.
* comprehensive geographical, historical, economic and political information
* contributions from acknowledged regional experts.
* leading experts on the area analyze topics of interest and importance to the region as a whole, including: The North American Free Trade Agreement and the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America; Challenging China: The North American Agenda and the Pacific Rim and Environmental Issues in North America.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section. Part Two: USA, Part Three: Canada
Each country chapter includes:
* essays, including: US Defence Policy; The Bush Doctrine and US Foreign Policy; the Politics of Oil Dependency in the USA; the Role of Religion in US Politics; `Big Food’, `Big Tobacco’ and `Big Pharmas’ in US Manufacturing; Health and Social Welfare Policy in the USA; Diversity and Equality in the USA; the History of Canada post-1980; Federal Energy Policy in Canada; Aboriginal Peoples; Canadian Government Finances and Foreign Trade; Canada’s Economy and Canadian Social Policy
* directory and Statistics.
'A truly valuable and impressive work' - International Journal on World Peace
'This is a superb combination of directory, statistical sources, and analytical surveys of topics of major interst about these two great countries' - Reference Reviews