Charles Finance, Susan Zwerman
Published August 28, 2009
Reference - 388 Pages
ISBN 9780240812632 - CAT# Y140696
Published October 29, 2015
Reference - 388 Pages
ISBN 9781138133273 - CAT# Y215579
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
For Librarians Available on Taylor & Francis eBooks >>
Go behind the scene of the behind the scenes to learn how the business of producing the dazzling visual effects we see in movies and on TV works.
With decades of combined VFX production and supervisory experience in Hollywood, the authors share their experience with you, illuminating standard industry practices and tips on:
* preproduction planning
* evaluating vendors and the bidding process
* effective data management
* working on-set, off-set, or overseas
* dealing with changes in post-production
* legal issues (contracts, insurance, business ethics), and more
Also included are interviews with established, successful Hollywood VFX Producers about their career paths and how they got to where they are now.
From pre-production to final delivery, this is your complete guide to visual effects production, providing insight on VFX budgeting and scheduling (with actual forms for your own use) and common production techniques such as motion control, miniatures, and pre-visualization. Also included is a companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/finance-9780240812632) with forms and documents for you to incorporate into your own VFX production workflows.
"The Visual Effects Producer is absolutely essential reading! Finance and Zwerman cover every aspect of producing visual effects in a clear and concise manner that will inform novices and industry veterans alike."
- Gale Anne Hurd, Producer (The Incredible Hulk, Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Aliens)
"This indispensable resource for VFX producers (and would-be VFX producers) is not only user friendly but jam packed with the information and techniques you'd otherwise have to learn the hard, painful and expensive way!"
- Jeffrey A. Okun, VFX Supervisor (The Day the Earth Stood Still, Blood Diamond, The Last Samurai)
"A must read for all filmmakers and aspiring filmmakers. The authors have combined wisdom and practicality to produce an extraordinary book that explains the business of producing VFX without losing sight of the art and magic."
- Yudi Bennett, Member of DGA and Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences; Frank Capra Award Recipient
(StarTrek Generations, Pleasantville)