Published December 5, 2016
Reference - 660 Pages
ISBN 9781857438529 - CAT# Y228383
Series: USA and Canada
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$232.00 on each
Combining impartial analysis with reliable facts and figures, this fully revised and updated 19th edition provides up-to-date commentary on these vast North American nations.
Essays by leading experts analyse topics of regional importance, including:
- US-Canadian integration, immigration, and the treatment of Indigenous peoples in North America.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section. Country chapters include:
- a chronology of political events
- essays covering key socio-political and economic themes, including: recent political developments; foreign policy; constitution; the economy; energy policy; agriculture; trade; health and social policy
- additional essays examining timely subjects such as US-Chinese economic competition, religion in US politics and the US Judicial system
- historical, political and economic surveys of each of the US states and Canadian provinces and territories
- statistical surveys of economic and demographic indicators
- comprehensive directory sections covering public affairs, the economy and society, which provide contact details and other useful information for the most significant institutions in the region.
Detailed results of the presidential, congressional, and gubernatorial elections held in the USA in November 2016 are also included.