Published December 21, 2015
Reference - 674 Pages
ISBN 9781857437928 - CAT# Y185238
Series: USA and Canada
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$222.00 on each
Combining impartial analysis with reliable facts and figures, this fully revised and updated 18th edition provides up-to-date commentary on these vast North American nations.
Essays by leading experts analyse topics of regional importance, including:
- US-Canadian economic integration, immigration, and the media in North American.
Each country is dealt with in greater detail within its own section. Country chapters include:
- a chronology of political events
- essays covering key socio-political and economic themes, including: recent political developments; foreign policy; constitution; the economy; energy policy; agriculture; trade; health and social policy
- additional essays examining timely subjects such as US-Chinese economic competition, religion in US politics and the US Judicial system
- historical, political and economic surveys of each of the US states and Canadian provinces and territories
- statistical surveys of economic and demographic indicators
- comprehensive directory sections covering public affairs, the economy and society, which provide contact details and other useful information for the most significant institutions in the region.