This collection draws together the most significant writings on the economics of transition. Although there are a wide range of examples from different countries and industries, the focus is on analysis of the key issues. These include:
* macroeconomics and stabilization
* liberalization and the establishment of markets
* property rights and the legal framework
* reform of banking and finance, agriculture, and the trading system
* the functioning of labour markets
This collection draws on material from an enormous range of sources. It includes articles by Barry Eichengreen, Oliver Blanchard, Stanley Fischer and Janos Kornai.