Published October 26, 2006
Reference - 1416 Pages
ISBN 9781857433906 - CAT# RU3904Z
Series: The Middle East and North Africa
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
Now in its fifty-third edition, this title continues to provide the most up-to-date geo-political and economic information for this important world area. The volume covers:
* the Middle East and North Africa from Algeria to Yemen
* offers quick access to a wide range of data
* accurately and impartially records the latest political and economic developments
* provides comprehensive data on all major organizations in the region.
* Introductory essays cover topics relating to the region as a whole, including: Arab-Israeli Relations 1967-2003; The Jerusalem Issue; Documents on Palestine; The Removal of Saddam Hussein and the 'Deconstruction' of Iraq; The Islamist Movement in the Middle East and North Africa; Natural Gas in the Middle East and North Africa; Oil in the Middle East and North Africa; Islamic Banking and Finance and The Religions of the Middle East and North Africa.
* includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel
* research Institutes specializing in the region
* bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Middle East and North Africa.