Ronald M. Atlas
Published January 13, 2006
Reference - 464 Pages
ISBN 9780849335617 - CAT# 3561
For Librarians Available on Taylor & Francis eBooks >>
SAVE ~$46.00 on each
Reflecting the development of these new media and the latest FDA recommendations, the second edition of the Handbook of Microbiological Media for the Examination of Foodprovides an essential resource for anyone involved with the monitoring of both food production and post-production quality control.
Organized alphabetically by medium, the expanded edition of this highly respected handbookincludes –
· Descriptions of nearly 1,400 media including those recommended by the FDA, as well as media used elsewhere in the world
· Concise and lucid instructions for the preparation and uses of each of the media
· Cross-referenced indexing that allows the media to be found by name or specific microorganism of interest
· Descriptions of expected results as they apply to microorganisms of importance for the examination of foods
· Common synonyms for the various media and listings of compositions, so that alternate media an be effectively employed when needed
Compiled by Ronald M. Atlas, a world-renowned researcher and author known for his pioneering work in pathogen detection, the Handbook of Microbiological Media for the Examination of Food, Second Edition, provides microbiologists with an essential tool for safeguarding public health.
“This book provides descriptions and recipes for a very wide range of media… There is also a short introduction to food microbiology. … a useful reference source in a media laboratory or departmental library…”
— Alan Varnam, London Metropolitan University, in Society for General Microbiology, (SGM), current Issue, Quarterly Review
"This book is undoubtedly a valuable resource for investigators of foodborne pathogens."
– Christian T. K. –H. Stadtländer, University of St. Thomas, in Microbe, 2007, Vol. 2, No. 7