Europa Publications, Lynn Daniel
Published November 24, 2005
Reference - 1494 Pages
ISBN 9781857433173 - CAT# RX33173
Series: The Far East and Australasia
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$173.00 on each
A systematic survey of all the countries of East Asia, South-East Asia, Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Islands.
* Essential for anyone with a professional interest in the region
* Keeps up-to-date with current economic and political developments
* Presents over 1,000 pages of statistics, directory material and expert analysis.
Part One: General Survey
* Written by acknowledged authorities on the Pacific Rim, this collection of essays forms an impartial overview of the area as a whole. Essays include: Human Rights in the Asia Pacific Region; Population and Human Development Issues in the Asia-Pacific Region; Recent Economic Trends in the Asia-Pacific Region; Environmental Issues of Asia and the Pacific and The Asian-Pacific Community in the Pacific Century.
* Individual chapters on each country containing: articles on geography, history and the economy; an economic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on population, agriculture, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, and education; a directory of names, addresses and contact numbers covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religion, the media, finance, trade, industry, tourism, defence and education; a select bibliography.
* Includes all major international organizations active in the region, their aims, activities, publications and principal personnel; a detailed survey of major commodities in Asia and the Pacific; a directory of research institutes specializing in the region; select bibliographies of books and periodicals covering the Far East and Australasia; and an index of regional organizations.
'A reference source that no library should be without' - The Geographical Journal
'The best publication of its type.' - Defence and Foreign Affairs