The best Business Web sites at your fingertips24/7!
The Core Business Web: A Guide to Key Information Resources is an essential resource that saves you from spending hours searching through thousands of Web sites for the business information you need. A distinguished panel of authors, all active in business librarianship, explores Web sites in their subject areas, selecting the very best from 25 functional areas of business. Each site was chosen based on the timeliness, relevance and reliability of its content, the site's ease of navigation and use, and the authority of the site's author or publisher.
The rapid growth of the Internet has resulted in an ever-increasing number of Web sites offering potentially useful business information. The Core Business Web identifies, evaluates, and summarizes the most significant sites, including gateways or portals, directories, and meta-sites, to organize online resources into easy-to-follow links that allow you to access information quickly. Sites are categorized and listed for 25 areas of business, including:
- bankingcommercial banking, regulators, trade associations, international links
- business lawstatutes, regulations, decisions, antitrust, corporations, international transactions, labor and employment, tax and taxation, uniform commercial code
- career information and salary surveyslabor statistics, job hunters, career planning
- e-commercee-business news, statistics, how-to sites, technology sites, business-to-business sites
- finance and investmentsmarket analysis and commentary, market news, stock screeners, brokers
- hospitality and tourismlodging and gaming, restaurant and foodservice
- small business and entrepreneurshipstartup information, counseling, funding and venture capital, and sites for women and minority-owned businesses,
- and much more!
The Core Business Web is an invaluable resource for saving valuable time that's intended for information professionals but can be used by anyone seeking business information online.