Help teachers become more effective in the classroom
Though teachers may have access to the newest technology, they often avoid it because they don’t understand it or know how to use it to their best advantage. Teaching Teachers to Use Technology provides numerous strategies for effectively infusing technology into teacher education. This timely book includes models for professional and staff development, inquiry learning, network-based assessment, and collaborating through online learning and publications to increase the quality and quantity of educators entering the workforce as classroom teachers.
The Millennium Project’s PT3 (Preparing Tomorrow’s Teachers to use Technology) program provided funds to spark educational projects such as the Leaders in Technology Enhanced Schools (LITES) project and others, all to better prepare pre-service and in-service teachers to teach more effectively through the use of technology. Teaching Teachers to Use Technology presents the latest research results and highlights case studies to illustrate the strengths and weaknesses of various projects. Respected experts discuss creative strategies to provide readers with a range of perspectives and innovative ideas to meet future challenges in education. The text provides several helpful tables and appendixes.
Topics in Teaching Teachers to Use Technology include discussions on:
- the Millenium Project’s PT3 program research results
- the Practicum Plus Program
- a model program of core course work including educational technology, faculty modeling, and clinical experiences
- the online Personal Learning Planner (PLP)
- lessons learned from a project at a small private college which prioritized the issue of educational equity
- knowledge gained from the LITES project at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- three major barriers to infusion of technology into the curriculum
- research comparing the innovation of the technology-enhanced lessons and the NETS standards
- a case study of a project funded by PT3 program which shows how technology can be used for assessment
Teaching Teachers to Use Technology is an invaluable source for educators, administrators, computer center directors, and special service providers in the school setting.