Ipek Kalemci Tuzun, Mehmet Ergul, Colin Johnson
August 1, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 232 Pages - 10 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781138097377 - CAT# Y336129
Series: Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility
SAVE ~$29.99 on each
Sustainable Tourism Practices in the Mediterranean showcases and examines the current and future trends in sustainable tourism in this popular region where tourism is one of the leading determinants of economic development.
This volume examines the effects of specific recent events including terrorism, financial crises and various political changes in the Mediterranean region. Looking at a range of destinations; island and mainland, urban and rural, summer and winter and emergent and declining zones, it provides a comprehensive overview of this area. It also draws on a number of wide-ranging themes such as gastronomy, (corporate) social responsibility, entrepreneurship, ethical issues, service quality, health and the slow city, offering an insightful study of the challenges the Mediterranean region faces and the sustainable practices that can be implemented in order to overcome them.
Written by leading academics in the field, this book will be of great interest to upper-level students, researchers and academics in Tourism, Development Studies and Geography.
1. A Content Analysis of Sustainable Development in the Tourism Literature
R. Arzu Kalemci
2. Sustainable Tourism Development: Issues and Applications the Mediterranean Region
3. Sustainability in Gastronomy Tourism: Mediterranean Region
Candide Çulhaoğlu Uludağ
4. Social sustainability and innovations in tourism: Cases from Slovenia
5. Social Entrepreneurship and Ethical Issues: Examples from the Mediterranean
6. Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development in Mediterranean: The Case of Spanish Hotel Industry in Barcelona Region
7. Customer Relationship Management and Service Challenges in the Mediterranean Region
8. Fresh Water and Wastewater Management in Mediterranean Hotels & Resorts: Owner-Operator Issues
9. Food Tourism and Foodies in Italy: The role of the Mediterranean Diet Between Resilience and Sustainability
10. Promoting the Slow City Concept as a Sustainability Strategy: The Seferihisar Case
Gonca Guzel Sahin
11. Health Tourism in the Mediterranean