Published September 18, 2015
Reference - 796 Pages
ISBN 9781857437836 - CAT# Y185227
Series: South Asia
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$206.00 on each
Exhaustively researched and updated, South Asia 2016 is an in-depth library of information on the countries and territories of this vast world region.
Essays by specialists examine issues of regional importance, including:
- the USA's 'AfPak' strategy, population and environmental issues, security issues, the politics of water and political Islam.
Individual chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on the geography, recent history and economy of each nation
- up-to-date statistical surveys of economic and social indicators
- a comprehensive directory providing contact details and other useful information for the most significant political and commercial institutions.
In addition, there are separate sections covering each of the states and territories of India.
- detailed coverage of international organizations and their recent activities in South Asia
- information on research institutes engaged in the study of the region
- a survey of the major commodities of South Asia
- bibliographies of relevant books and periodicals.
- biographical profiles of almost 300 prominent individuals in the region.
'This volume provides an excellent overview of the social and economic challenges faced by the region.' - Reference Reviews