Published September 27, 2007
Reference - 1110 Pages
ISBN 9781857434323 - CAT# RU4323Z
Series: South America, Central America and the Caribbean
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$175.00 on each
* an unrivalled survey on the countries and territories of this immense region
* includes contributions from acknowledged authorities who examine topics of regional importance.
Thoroughly revised and updated analytical articles written by acknowledged experts covering issues of regional importance are examined by acknowledged authorities of the area, subjects covered include: The Many Faces of the Left in Latin America.; Gender Development in Latin America; Environmental Issues in Latin America and the Caribbean; Judicial Politics in Latin America; The Emergence of the People’s Republic of China in Latin America: Trade, Investment and Development; Crime and Criminal Justice in the Caribbean; The Political Economy of Trade in the Americas.; Trade Preferences and Caribbean Economies; New for this edition – Gangs of Central America.
Individual chapters on each country and territory incorporating:
* an introductory survey, containing essays on the history and economy of each country, as well as physical and social geographies of each country, including maps
* an extensive economic and demographic survey of the latest available statistics on area and population, health and welfare, agriculture, forestry, fishing, mining, industry, finance, trade, transport, tourism, communications media and education
* a full directory section with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail and internet addresses covering the constitution, government, legislature, judiciary, political organizations, diplomatic representation, religious groups, the media, finance, trade and industry, tourism, defence and education
* a select bibliography, containing suggestions for further research.