Recent Advances in Surgery 30 is the latest volume in the successful and well-established Recent Advances series. This title is updated annually, covering the latest trends within surgery and reflecting any changes to the professional examinations for surgeons.
Suitable for experienced medical professionals, as well as students and candidates of the MRCS/AFRCS, this edition reviews the latest trends within surgery and forms a useful update of general surgery for candidates of the Intercollegiate examination.
Over 30 contributors, who are recognized experts in their particular field, provide in-depth reviews of important topics relevant to the management of all surgical patients and advancing areas in surgical subspecialties.
Table of Contents
SURGERY IN GENERAL
1. Risk management in surgery - Ami Mishra, Anthony E.B. Giddings
2. The surgical significance of MRSA - A. Peter R. Wilson
3. Tissue engineering of blood vessels - Sandip Sarkar, Alexander M. Seifalian
4. Newer procedures for day surgery - Douglas McWhinnie, Ian Jackson
5. Quality of life issues in breast surgery - Narasimhaiah Srinivasaiah, Philip J. Drew
6. The management of high-risk familial breast cancer - JosÃ© A. Cid FernÃ¡ndez, John F.R. Robertson, D. Mark Sibbering
7. Latissimus dorsi flap in breast reconstruction - Eva M. Weiler-Mithoff
8. Acute gallbladder disease - Thomas Armstrong, James A. Pain
Modern management of bleeding oesophageal varices - Jake E.J. Krige, Stephen J. Beningfield, John M. Shaw
9. Haemorrhoid surgery: what is best practice? - Malcolm A. Loudon
10. Functional outcome following restorative proctocolectomy - Richard E. Lovegrove, Paris P. Tekkis
11. Intestinal ischaemia - Sayed Aly, Clom J. Power, Stephen G.E. Barker
12. Complications of arteriovenous haemodialysis fistulas - Rovan E. Dâ€™Souza, Daryll M. Baker
REVIEW OF RANDOMIZED TRIALS
13. Review of recent randomised clinical trials in surgery - M.P. Senthil Kumar, Irving Taylor