Recent Advances in Surgery 27 is the latest volume in the successful and well-established Recent Advances series. This title is updated annually, covering the latest trends within surgery and reflecting any changes to the professional examinations for surgeons.
Recent Advances in Surgery 27 has contributions on important topics relevant to the management of all surgical patients, providing in-depth reviews of important advancing areas in surgical subspecialties. This wide scope makes this book an ideal choice for the busy consultant as well as an essential read for students of surgery at all levels.
Suitable for experienced medical professionals, as well as students and candidates of the MRCS/AFRCS, this edition reviews the latest trends within surgery and forms a useful update of general surgery for candidates of the Intercollegiate examination.
Over 30 contributors, who are recognized experts in their particular field, provide in-depth reviews of important topics relevant to the management of all surgical patients and advancing areas in surgical subspecialties.
Table of Contents
SURGERY IN GENERAL
1. Blood transfusion and alternative approaches - John Thompson, Grant Sanders
2. Abdominal compartment syndrome - Mark J. Midwinter
3 Minimally invasive abdominal wall hernia repair - Irfan Ahmed, Ian J. Beckingham
4. Repair of incisional hernia - Alexander Munro, Kevin Cassar
5. Surgical practitioners â€“ Current roles and future prospects -Richard A. Bulbulia, Manj S. Gohel, Fiona J. Slim, Mark R. Whyman, Keith R. Poskitt
6. New perspectives in liver transplantation - Vijay Muralidharan, John A.C. Buckels
7. Cholangiocarcinoma - Amjad Parvaiz, Neil W. Pearce
8. Oral intake and enteral feeding in acute pancreatitis - Colin D. Johnson
9. Treatment of pancreatic pseudocysts
10. Laparoscopic colorectal surgery - Christopher P. Gandy, Rodger M. Kipling, Robin H. Kennedy
11. Lower gastrointestinal bleeding - Ian G. Finlay
12. Extra-anatomic bypass for leg ischaemia - Robert B. Galland
13. Thyroid cancer - Bareen Shah, William R. Fleming, John Lynn
14. Parathyroid surgery - Sudeep K. Thomas, Gordon C. Wishart
15. Pancreas and islet transplantation - Nadey S. Hakim, Vassilios Papalois
16. Strategies for breast cancer prevention - Robert A. Reichart, Nigel P.M. Sacks
17. Randomised controlled trials in general surgery - Abhay Chopada, Irving Taylor