Mildred L Patten
Published November 1, 1997
Textbook - 144 Pages
ISBN 9781884585074 - CAT# Y316246
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$4.59 on each
• Provides step-by-step guidance for students who will be conducting their first surveys to collect factual information, measure attitudes, and evaluate products, services, and programs using questionnaires.
• Each chapter is structured around easy-to-follow guidelines.
• Numerous examples illustrate the guidelines. The examples are on timely topics of interest to students.
• This short book is an ideal supplement for guiding students through a class project. At the end of Chapter 1, they write the objectives for their questionnaires. They then follow the guidelines in subsequent chapters to complete their project.
• Exercises at the end of each chapter allow students to practice their newly acquired skills.
• Students learn that using questionnaires in research is both an art and a science—with principles that need to be followed for efficient, effective data collection.
• Thoroughly field-tested for student interest and comprehension, this book is sure to please both you and your students.
• We’ve had highly positive feedback from the numerous professors who have adopted this book to guide students in conducting term projects.
1. Planning Questionnaire Research
2. Writing Items to Collect Factual Information
3. Writing Items to Collect Demographic Information
4. Writing Items to Measure Attitudes
5. Writing Items to Evaluate Products, Services, and Programs
6. Conducting Item Try-Outs and an Item Analysis
7. Preparing a Questionnaire for Administration
8. Selecting a Sample of Respondents
9. Preparing Statistical Tables and Figures
10. Describing Averages and Variability
11. Describing Relationships
12. Estimating Margins of Error
13. Writing Reports of Questionnaire Research
Appendix A: Questions on Race Used in the 2010 Census
Appendix B: Sample Cover Letter for a Questionnaire
Appendix C: Sample Informed Consent Form
Appendix D: Sample Follow-up Postcard
Appendix E: Table of Random Numbers
Appendix F: Introduction to Statistical Significance
Appendix G: Other Computational Procedures
Appendix H: Sample Questionnaire: Attitudes Toward Statistics Questionnaire
Appendix I: Sample Questionnaire: Campus Bookstore Evaluation
Appendix J: Checklist of Guidelines
We provide complimentary e-inspection copies of primary textbooks to instructors considering our books for course adoption.