* Best practices for production, encoding, and integration
* Build custom video players for web and mobile use
* Apply transparency and effects with After Effects
Design and develop video applications with Flash Professional CS3. In quick primer chapters, you'll get the best practices for shooting video for Flash distribution and the basics of how to design Flash applications for compelling user experiences. Subsequent chapters demonstrate the integrated use of Flash Professional with Dreamweaver, Device Central, and After Effects in practical tutorials. Annotated ActionScript 3 code gives you the facility to build your video applications.
In 27 progressive tutorials, you'll acquire practical experience in the cutting edge techniques for:
* Encoding single files, batch files, and embedding cue points in video.
* Customizing FLVPlayback components
* Building Flash Video players from scratch to include cue points, full screen events, and current playback time
* Applying transparency, masks, and effects to enhance Flash Video.
* Looping Flash Video continuously or in creative combinations
* Embedding Flash Video in HTML pages for web deployment
* Preparing video for streaming servers and mobile devices including a Flash Lite application with device video
The companion DVD-ROM contains project media for all 27 tutorials that teach the nuts and bolts of implementing video in Flash applications on web pages and on alternative devices.
Table of Contents
A Getting Started with Flash Video; Production Best Practices for Flash Video; Encoding Flash Video; ActionScript and Flash Video; Advanced Design and Effects; Deploying Flash Video; Advanced Flash Video Applications; Working with Flash Media Server and Mobile Video
John has hit it out of the park. bringing the power and flexibility of Flash CS3 to bear alongside industry-proven video production know-how. If you want to get productive quickly with video in Flash CS3, this is your book. -- Scott Fegette, product manager, Adobe Developer Relations
Someone just emailed me a rather obscure, but great, question about Flash video and transparency.I found the answer on the very page I happened to be reading. Nice. Producing Flash CS3 Video includes a full set of need-to-know Flash video production topics and options for delivery. -- Dan Carr, Owner, Lead Developer, & Trainer at Dan Carr Design