Sarwar Beg, Sunil Kumar Panda, Mahfoozur Rahman, Syed Sarim Imam
Apple Academic Press
April 20, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 376 Pages - 18 Color & 31 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888721 - CAT# K451572
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
Pharmaceutical manufacturers are constantly facing quality crises of drug products, leading to an escalating number of product recalls and rejects. Due to the involvement of multiple factors, the goal of achieving consistent product quality is always a great challenge for pharmaceutical scientists. This volume, Pharmaceutical Drug Product Development and Process Optimization: Effective Use of Quality by Design, addresses this challenge by using the Quality by Design (QbD) concept, which was instituted to focus on the systematic development of drug products with predefined objectives to provide enhanced product and process understanding.
This volume presents and discusses the vital precepts underlying the efficient, effective, and cost-effective development of pharmaceutical drug products. It focuses on the adoption of systematic quality principles of pharmaceutical development, which is imperative in achieving continuous improvement in end-product quality and also leads to reducing cost, time, and effort, while meeting regulatory requirements.
1. Introduction to Pharmaceutical Product Development
Rahul Shukla, Mayank Handa, and Vishwas P. Pardhi
2. Systematic Product and Process Development Tools in Life Cycle Management
Mohamad Taleuzzaman et al.
3. Recent Advances in the Development of Solid Oral Dosage Forms
Mohammed Tahir Ansari et al.
4. Recent Advances in the Development of Modified Release Oral Dosage Forms
Goutam Kumar Jena, Ch Niranjan Patra, and Sarwar Beg
5. Recent Advances in the Development of Parenteral Dosage Forms
Abdul Muheem et al.
6. Recent Advances in the Development of Semisolid Dosage Forms
7. Recent Advancements in Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems
Mohammed Asadullah Jahangir, Abdul Muheem, and Syed Sarim Imam
8. Recent Advances in the Formulation Development of Inhalational Dosage Forms
A. A. Sallam
9. QBD-Based Novel Ocular Drug Delivery Systems
Mohammed Jafar, Syed Sarim Imamb, and Syed Azizullah Ghori
10. Recent Advances in the Development of Nanopharmaceutical Products
Rahul Shukla et al.
11. Recent Advances in the Development of Nanoparticles for Oral Delivery
Md. Rizwanullah et al.