Karel De Witte, Jaap Van Muijen
Published February 10, 2000
ISBN 9780863779978 - CAT# RU36875
Series: Special Issues of the European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology
Management of organizational culture is a controversial topic. Pragmatists argue that it can be, should be and has been easily managed and they offer guidance how to do this, whilst purists find it ridiculous to talk about managing organizational culture: it cannot be managed, it evolves. Contributions to this fascinating book cover the following topics:
* the relationship between leadership and organizational culture
* the study of the role of organizational culture in four distinct cases
* a change project of managerial culture
* the FOCUS-instrument for measuring organizational culture
* the main influences of organizational culture on its individual members
* critical questions for future research.
The editors do not intend to give final answers to this ongoing discussion, but to contribute to the debate and aid understanding. The contributions guide practitioners and researchers through the complex issues to avoid possible pitfalls.