S. J. Hawkins, L. Allcock, A. E. Bates, L. B. Firth, I. P. Smith, S. Swearer, P. Todd
July 16, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 360 Pages - 16 Color & 48 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9780367134150 - CAT# K409572
Series: Oceanography and Marine Biology - An Annual Review
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
Oceanography and Marine Biology: An Annual Review remains one of the most cited sources in marine science and oceanography. The ever increasing interest in work in oceanography and marine biology and its relevance to global environmental issues, especially global climate change and its impacts, creates a demand for authoritative reviews summarizing the results of recent research. This volume covers topics that include resting cysts from coastal marine plankton, facilitation cascades in marine ecosystems, and the way that human activities are rapidly altering the sensory landscape and behaviour of marine animals.
For more than 50 years, OMBAR has been an essential reference for research workers and students in all fields of marine science. From Volume 57 a new international Editorial Board ensures global relevance, with editors from the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia and Singapore. The series volumes find a place in the libraries of not only marine laboratories and institutes, but also universities.
1. A Review of Biophysical Models of Marine Larval Dispersal by Stephen E. Swearer, Eric A. Treml & Jeffrey S. Shima
2. Resting Cysts from Coastal Marine Plankton by Genuario Belmonte & Fernando Rubino
3. Facilitation Cascades in Marine Ecosystems: A Synthesis and Future Directions by Paul E. Gribben, Christine Angelini, Andrew H. Altieri, Melanie J. Bishop, Mads S. Thomsen & Fabio Bulleri
4. Biology and Ecology of the Globally Significant Kelp Ecklonia radiata by Thomas Wernberg, Melinda A. Coleman, Russell C. Babcock, Sahira Y. Bell, John J. Bolton, Sean D. Connell, Catriona L. Hurd, Craig R. Johnson, Ezequiel M. Marzinelli, Nick T. Shears, Peter D. Steinberg, Mads S. Thomsen, Mat A. Vanderklift, Adriana Vergés & Jeffrey T. Wright
5. Global Change Alters the Sensory Landscape of Marine Animals by Ivan Nagelkerken, Scott C. Doney & Philip L. Munday
6. Established and Emerging Techniques for Characterising the Formation, Structure and Performance of Calcified Structures Under Ocean Acidification by Susan C. Fitzer, Vera Bin San Chan, Yuan Meng, Kanmani Chandra Rajan, Michio Suzuki, Christelle Not, Takashi Toyofuku, Laura Falkenberg, Maria Byrne, Ben P. Harvey, Pierre de Wit, Maggie Cusack, Kunshan Gao, Paul Taylor, Sam Dupont, Jason Hall-Spencer, & Vengatesen Thiyagarajan
7. Design Options, Implementation Issues, and Evaluating Success of Ecologically-Engineered Shorelines by Rebecca L. Morris, Eliza C. Heery, Lynette H.L. Loke, Edward Lau, Elisabeth M.A. Strain, Laura Airoldi, Karen A. Alexander, Melanie J. Bishop, Ross A. Coleman, Jeffery R. Cordell, Yun-wei Dong, Louise B. Firth, Stephen J. Hawkins, Tom Heath, Michael Kokora, Shing Yip Lee, Jon K. Miller, Shimrit Perkol-Finkel, Andrew Rella, Peter D. Steinberg, Ichiro Takeuchi, Richard C. Thompson, Peter Todd, Jason D. Toft and Kenneth M.Y. Leung