Satya Bir Singh, Alexander V. Vakhrushev, A. K. Haghi
Apple Academic Press
January 15, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 239 Pages - 6 Color & 104 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888332 - CAT# K440835
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$31.99 on each
This volume, Nanomechanics and Micromechanics: Generalized Models and Nonclassical Engineering Approaches, enables readers to interpret and predict the effective mechanical properties of existing and emerging composites through modeling and design. The book addresses that materials and structures with small-scale dimensions do not behave in the same manner as their bulk counterparts. Once materials dimensions are reduced to the micron- and-sub-micron range, their properties are subject to significant change. Thus, mechanical properties will be varied and will depend on the sample size. In the meantime, due to the large surface-to-volume ration of small structures, deformation mechanisms are subject to change.
This volume integrates various approaches in micromechanics and nanomechanics into a unified mathematical framework, complete with coverage of both linear and nonlinear behaviors. It weaves together the basic concepts, mathematical fundamentals, and formulations of micromechanics and nanomechanics into a systemic approach for understanding and modeling the effective material behavior of composite materials.
1. Effects of Heat Treatment Conditions on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Halloysite Nanotube (HNT) Filled Epoxy Nanocomposites
G. Ravichandran, G. Rathnakar, and N. Santhosh
2. Study of Properties of Nanostructures and Metal Nanocomposites on Their Basis
A. Yu. Fedotov and A. V. Vakhrushev
3. Possible Mechanism of Redox Synthesis of Metal/Carbon Nanocomposites Modified by P, D Elements
V. I. Kodolov et al.
4. Simulation of Thermal Fields and Formation of Drops at Welding of Microsystems
S. V. Suvorov and A. V. Vakhrushev
5. Effect of Imposing Linear Particle Gradient on Creep Behavior in Composite Disc Having Hyperbolic Thickness
Vandana Gupta and S. B. Singh
6. Microstructure and Properties of Fire-Resistant Polymeric Materials
S. G. Shuklin, D. S. Shuklin, and A. V. Vakhrushev
7. Optimization of Wear Rate on the Low-Cost Reinforced-Hybrid Aluminium Metal Matrix Composite.
L. Francis Xavier, G. Ravichandran, and NSanthosh
8. Elastic-Plastic and Creep Transition in Structural Components
Shivdev Shahi et al.
9. Comparative Analysis of Elastic-Plastic Stress Distributions in Human Femur Bone, Titanium and Boron-Aluminum Fiber Reinforced Composite for Surgical Implants and Prosthetic Equipment Design
Shivdev Shahi, S. B. Singh, and Pankaj Thakur
10. Creep Modeling in a Composite Rotating Disc with Constant Thickness in Presence of Residual Stress
Nishi Guptaand and S. B. Singh
11. Big Data Development Platform for Engineering Applications
Chin Kang Chen and Heru Susanto