Oliver Caplin, James Davey, Michael Davey
Informa Law from Routledge
May 13, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 400 Pages
ISBN 9780415317566 - CAT# Y318481
Series: Lloyd's Shipping Law Library
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$103.00 on each
Miller's Marine War Risks is the only book devoted to drawing together and analysing the insurance of commercial shipping against war risks.
It merges analysis of the legal principles, case law, and legislation with the practice of the insurance market in order to provide commentary on difficult questions concerning liabilities, claims, and coverage.
With global events becoming more uncertain in the Gulf and elsewhere, the updating of Michael Miller’s classic text will be of great use to legal practitioners, the insurance market, and the shipping industry throughout the world.
Forward by Sir Bernard Rix
Preface to the Fourth Edition
Table of Cases
Table of Legislation
1. The History of the War Risks Policy
2. The Underwriters
3. The Premiums
4. Cancellation and Automatic Termination of Cover Clause
5. The Insured Perils: An Overview
7. Civil War
8. Revolution, Rebellion, Insurrection . . .
9. . . . Or Civil Strife Arising Therefrom . . .
10. . . . Or any Hostile Act by or Against a Belligerent Power
13. Arrest, Restraint, Detainment . . .
14. . . . And the Consequences Thereof or Any Attempt Thereat
15. Derelict Mines, Torpedoes, Bombs and Weapons of War
16. Strikers, Locked-Out Workmen or Persons Taking Part in Labour Disturbances, Riots or Civil Commotions
17. Riots, Civil Commotions
18. Any Terrorist . . .
19. . . .Or Any Person Acting Maliciously or from a Political Motive
21. Confiscation and Expropriation
22. Sue and Labour
24. War Risks and Marine Insurance Legislation
25. Total Loss and Notice of Abandonment
26. Held Covered
27. Wilful Misconduct and Fraudulent Claims
28. The Proximate Cause
29. Cargo War and Strikes Clauses
31. War Risk Insurance in Time of War