A guide through the maze of the pharmaceutical research and development process, Medical Writing in Drug Development fills a gap in the libraries of technical writers, college instructors, and corporate professionals associated with the pharmaceutical process. As it discusses critical information, such as strategies and techniques pivotal to crafting documents for drug development, it also overviews drug research, document types, the roles of professional writers, and information technology. In no time at all, you will be creating persuasive technical documents, building complex facts into coherent messages, and contributing to the effective marketing of new products with promotional pieces that meet legal and ethical standards.Medical Writing in Drug Development helps medical writers and scientific, regulatory, and marketing professionals develop a working knowledge of the technical documents crucial to successful drug research. New and seasoned professional writers alike will benefit from the book's detailed discussions of:
- using abstracts, slides, and posters to present up-to-the-minute research
- how patient-education materials, health-economic assessments, and electronic journals provide ongoing challenges in medical writing
- a dossier approach that expedites regulatory submissions for international drug development
- structural constraints and rhetorical approaches toward regulatory documents
- presenting intricate information in scientifically unbiased, yet technically convincing language
- the effects of electronic publishing, computer graphics, and related technology on the practice of medical writing within pharmaceutical research
Practical as a foundation text for undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs in pharmaceutical or medical technical writing, Medical Writing in Drug Development will help you develop practical strategies for handling journal manuscripts, conference materials, and promotional pieces. No other text will clarify the main aspects of the pharmaceutical research and development process while offering you insight on the key issues dominating the healthcare arena.