Be prepared for the differences in marketing across European borders!
Europe is not a uniform market. Each country is comprised of differing marketing systems of varying importance. Marketing Issues in Western Europe: Changes and Developments clears the fog from marketing practices and strategic issues for this crucial area of the business world. This detailed examination of Western European industries and marketing practices not only clearly explores the shifting trends within the countries described, but can also be seen as a bellwether for neighboring regions on the continent. Respected international experts provide an up-to-date inside look at what the pressing concerns are and what unique strategies work for business in various sectors.
The European Union’s birth can be traced back to 1951 when six countries of Western Europe banded together to form what was then known as the European Coal and Steel Community. Since then, Western Europe has played a significant role as the nucleus for the important marketing trends and industry changes for the entire EU. Marketing Issues in Western Europe: Changes and Developments provides conceptual frameworks, illustrative case studies, deep analytical insights into marketing issues, detailed empirical data, and thoughtful propositions for future testing. International business researchers, business and marketing consultants, developmental agencies, and companies prospectively interested in investment will find this book to be crucial for making decisions involving marketing in the countries of the EU or the rest of the continent. Chapters are richly referenced, and several include tables and charts to clearly illustrate data.
Marketing Issues in Western Europe: Changes and Developments includes:
- a thought-provoking look at the multidimensional state of marketing in Western Europe
- a probing appraisal of Pan-European marketing with a proposed conceptual framework
- a review of the marketing consequences of internal market unification
- an exploratory study of marketing practice and market orientation
- a penetrating look at the role of domestic animosity in consumer choice
- detailed research describing price strategy in the EU
- an exploration of the impact of fear appeal in a cross-cultural context
- and more!
Marketing Issues in Western Europe: Changes and Developments is a probing examination of the dynamic marketing developments in Western European countries to give you the insight needed to effectively prepare for the future.