June 20, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 224 Pages - 4 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9780367179779 - CAT# K416086
Series: Routledge Frontiers of Business Management
SAVE ~$21.00 on each
This book takes a strategic approach and provides a comprehensive review of books and papers about human resource management (HRM) and labor relations management in China especially since China’s accession to the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001.
In particular, the book evaluates the development of HRM under China’s changing institutional environment, particularly since President Xi Jinping has taken the dominant control of the Chinese Community Party (CCP) from 2010 onwards. The book provides a historical snapshot of how HRM has been rooted in China and its rhetoric impact on China’s national economic development, continuing enterprise reform and sustaining individual creativity and innovation. It discusses and analyzes HRM and spirituality in the context of a rising aspiration of achieving the ‘Chinese Dream’ as conceptualized by President Xi Jinping.
1. Development of Strategic HRM in China: An Overview
2. Review Method and Theoretical Framework for Evaluation
3. National Economic Growth and Strategic HRM
4. Enterprise Reform and Strategic HRM
5. Individual Creativity, Firm Innovation and HRM
6. Strategic HRM, Labor Relations and Human Rights
7. Managing Labor Relations in China
8. Enterprise Culture, Spirituality and "Chinese Dream"
9. HRM towards the Realization of "Chinese Dream"
10. Future Development of HRM and Labor Management in China