Michel Desbordes, André Richelieu
April 24, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 232 Pages - 18 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9780367151096 - CAT# K413353
Series: Routledge Research in Sport Business and Management
How is sport marketing being transformed by new media and technology, by globalisation and by the opening of new markets and sources of revenue? This book examines the most important trends and developments in contemporary sport marketing around the world, shining new light on the importance of marketing and markets as the drivers of international sport business.
The book introduces essential concepts and best practice in international sport marketing today and presents original case studies from around the world, looking at leagues, commercial sponsors, consumer behaviour, and the role of athletes and their representatives. It covers important topics from ‘place branding’ and experiential marketing to equipment manufacture and sports arenas, as well as the economic impact and regulation of sports events, the ‘financiarization’ and ‘vipization’ of sport, and marketing in the sport for development and peace sector.
International Sport Marketing is essential reading for all students, scholars and practitioners working in sport marketing, especially those concerned with the globalization of the sports industry.
1. Major Trends in the Sport Industry
2. The Sport Brand
3. The Role of Sport in Destination Branding Strategies
4. Marketing Sport for Development and Peace: An Introduction
5. Sport Events, Economic Impact and Regulation
6. Football Club Equipment Manufacturers Strategy and Internationalization
7. Be Ready to Be Excited: The WWE's Marketing Strategy and Economic Model
8. The Establishment and Management of Sports Arenas: A Neo-Marketing Approach
Conclusion: Towards New Horizons in Global Sports Marketing