Make your marriage and family programs more relevant by making them cross-culturally sensitive
International Family Studies: Developing Curricula and Teaching Tools offers a collection of innovative ideas and resources for educators who wish to enhance the international content of their human development and family science curriculum. Contributors share their experiences of transforming department commitments, modifying existing and/or creating new courses, developing stimulating exercises and projects, capitalizing on existing faculty development programs to enhance educators’ own international understanding, partnering with universities overseas, and utilizing existing institutional structures to incorporate international study-abroad opportunities and internships for students. The book presents teaching tools and techniques, specific resources, and theoretical models for use in family studies, human development, and social science programs.
International Family Studies: Developing Curricula and Teaching Tools promotes cross-cultural competence and global understandingessential ingredients for the success of future family professionals. The book is devoted to fostering knowledge and skills critical for breaking down barriers and expanding cultural knowledge in an effort to better prepare students to work with ethnically and culturally diverse families.
International Family Studies: Developing Curricula and Teaching Tools examines:
- planning, implementing, and evaluating an innovative diversity curriculum
- knowledge and skills needed to work effectively with ethnically and culturally diverse families
- teaching techniques that can be incorporated in the classroom to enhance greater cultural understanding
- the use of student group presentations, technology, and books projects to teach about culturally diverse families
- issues of cultural competence, cultural sensitivity, and respect for diversity
- experiential opportunities abroad for students and faculty
- and much more
International Family Studies: Developing Curricula and Teaching Tools is an essential resource for educators training the next generation of family professionals.