Read Integrating Exercise, Sports, Movement, and Mind: Therapeutic Unity, and you’ll see how exercise and movement are actually the keys to achieving a harmonious equilibrium between thoughts and physical health. This unique collection of writing, a healthy and diverse montage in its own right, mirrors its topic, helping you see how a variegated array of body movements can lead to a healthier, happier mind.A kaleidoscope of theory and application, case study and abstraction, Integrating Exercise, Sports, Movement, and Mind spans the spectrum of relevant issues, including those revolving around gender, class, ethnicity, and family systems, and accomplishes its task through the medium of a wide assortment of activities, including gymnastics, soccer, horseback riding, archery, running, walking, and cycling. Your perspective on body movement and body-mind unity will be deepened as you read about these topics:
- family system perspectives and youth sports
- rehabilitation--“patient as athlete”
- contact Improvisation
- the concept of “flow” from within a gendered consciousness
- sport psychology and the coach/athlete/consultant triad
- clinical sport psychology
- sport trauma recoveryIt’s a unique but universal relationship--this prism of thoughts and physical locomotion. So open up Integrating Exercise, Sports, Movement, and Mind and let some of the top experts in the field of sport psychology open your mind and show you how to unlock the body’s potential on the athletic field.