Brian C Cronk
Published January 1, 2010
Textbook - 136 Pages
ISBN 9781884585920 - CAT# Y316310
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
• Designed for use by novice computer users, this text begins with the basics, such as starting SPSS, defining variables, and entering and saving data.
• All major statistical techniques covered in beginning statistics classes are included:
· descriptive statistics
· graphing data
· prediction and association
· parametric inferential statistics
· nonparametric inferential statistics
· statistics for test construction
• Each section starts with a brief description of the statistic that is covered and important underlying assumptions, which help students select appropriate statistics.
• Each section describes how to interpret results and express them in a research report after the data are analyzed. For example, students are shown how to phrase the results of a significant and an insignificant t test.
• More than 200 screenshots (including sample output) throughout the book show students exactly what to expect as they follow along using SPSS.
• A glossary of statistical terms is included, which makes a handy reference for students who need to review the meanings of basic statistical terms.
• Practice exercises throughout the book give students stimulus material to use as they practice to achieve mastery of the program.
• Thoroughly field-tested; your students are certain to appreciate this book.
We provide complimentary e-inspection copies of primary textbooks to instructors considering our books for course adoption.