Explore how lifestyle concepts are linked to marketing the hospitality and tourism industry
Hospitality, Tourism, and Lifestyle Concepts: Implications for Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction is a comprehensive benchmark review of how lifestyle concepts can be applied to the hospitality and tourism industry. Noted authorities present multifaceted viewpoints examining a range of topics, such as matching the lifestyles of tourism providers and guests, lifestyle segmentation studies, and methodological issues in lifestyle segmentation research. You’ll learn how the consideration of lifestyle concepts can improve the effectiveness of marketing in addition to providing quality management and improved customer satisfaction in the hospitality and tourism industry.
This book provides an in-depth exploration of the implications of lifestyle concepts in the marketing of the hospitality and tourism industry. Each chapter of Hospitality, Tourism, and Lifestyle Concepts: Implications for Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction examines essential issues, including quality management and customer satisfaction, improving customer experience through host-guest lifestyle matching, ways to segment customers by lifestyle, and the benefits and burdens of the gay tourism market. The book confronts widely held beliefs about the industry, confirming or adjusting those views through solid data. Research is clearly presented, always with an eye toward strengthening this fragile industry.
Hospitality, Tourism, and Lifestyle Concepts: Implications for Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction discusses:
- the potential use of lifestyle segmentation to achieve psychographic matching between hosts and guests
- the significance of the lifestyle concept for the management of service quality and customer satisfaction
- research into gay tourism marketing, with a discussion about recent evidence suggesting that the distinct purchasing patterns of gays are exaggerated
- lifestyle market segments and the relation to satisfaction with a nature-based tourism experience
- a lifestyle segmentation analysis of the backpacker market in Scotland
- three different approaches to lifestyle segmentation in improving the quality of tourism and leisure marketing decisions
- improved understanding of tourists’ needs through cross-classification
Hospitality, Tourism, and Lifestyle Concepts: Implications for Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction is an essential review of the lifestyle marketing concept that will prove invaluable for hospitality and tourism professionals, instructors, and industry members.