Hafiz Ansar Rasul Suleria, Megh Goyal
Apple Academic Press
September 15, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 329 Pages - 15 Color & 13 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888981 - CAT# K459717
Series: Innovations in Plant Science for Better Health
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$33.99 on each
This new volume, Health Benefits of Secondary Phytocompounds from Plant and Marine Sources, looks at a selection of important issues and research topics on phytochemicals in plant-based therapeutics, covering bioactive compounds from both plant and marine sources. Natural products and their bioactive compounds are increasingly utilized in preventive and therapeutic medication, as pharmaceutical supplements, as well as in functional foods and nutraceuticals, all of which have potentially positive effects on health and have preventive and curative properties for various diseases and health conditions.
The first section of the book, on Bioactive Compounds from Plant Sources, describes the concept of extraction of bioactive molecules from plant sources, both conventional and modern extraction techniques, available sources, biochemistry, structural composition, and potential biological activities. Advanced extraction techniques, such as enzyme-assisted, microwave-assisted, ultrasound-assisted, pressurized liquid extraction, and super critical extraction techniques, are described in detail.
Part 1: Plant-Based Secondary Phytocompounds
1. Functional Foods: Bioavailability, Structure, and Nutritional Properties
Tawheed Amin et al.
2. Secondary Metabolites from Clerodendrum infortunatum L.: Their Bioactivities and Health Benefits
R. L. Helen et al.
3. Functional Benefits of Ficus hispida L.
D. Suma et al.
4. Anti-Inflammatory Properties of Bioactive Compounds from Medicinal Plants
Muhammad Imran et al.
5. Therapeutic Potential of Anthocyanin against Diabetes
Tawheed Amin et al.
Part 2: Secondary Phytocompounds From Marine Sources
6. Therapeutic Potential of Marine Foods: Review
Zohaib Hassan et al.
7. Marine Natural Products for Human Health Care
K. L. Sreejamole, Huma Bader Ul Ain, and Hafiz Ansar Rasul Suleria
8. Marine Fungi-Derived Secondary Metabolites: Potential as Future Drugs for Health Care
Syed Shams ul Hassan et al.
9. Marine Biotoxins: Symptoms and Monitoring Programs
Huma Bader ul Ain et al.