Andrei D. Polyanin, Alexander V. Manzhirov
Chapman and Hall/CRC
Published February 12, 2008
Reference - 1144 Pages - 7 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781584885078 - CAT# C5076
For Librarians Available on Taylor & Francis eBooks >>
New to the Second Edition
• New material on Volterra, Fredholm, singular, hypersingular, dual, and nonlinear integral equations, integral transforms, and special functions
• More than 400 new equations with exact solutions
• New chapters on mixed multidimensional equations and methods of integral equations for ODEs and PDEs
• Additional examples for illustrative purposes
To accommodate different mathematical backgrounds, the authors avoid wherever possible the use of special terminology, outline some of the methods in a schematic, simplified manner, and arrange the material in increasing order of complexity. The book can be used as a database of test problems for numerical and approximate methods for solving linear and nonlinear integral equations.
"This well-known handbook is now a standard reference. It contains over 2,500 integral equations with solutions, as well as analytical numerical methods for solving linear and non-linear equations . . . the number of equations described in an order of magnitude greater than in any other book available."
– Jürgen Appell, in Zentralblatt Math, 2009