Juan Carlos Contreras-Esquivel, Laxmikant S. Badwaik, Porteen Kannan, A. K. Haghi
Apple Academic Press
August 30, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 412 Pages - 16 Color & 54 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771888790 - CAT# K455034
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$33.99 on each
This book, Food Product Optimization for Quality and Safety Control: Process, Monitoring, and Standards, discusses food quality and safety standards that are critically important for both developed and developing economies, where consumer safety is among the primary issues to be considered in food supply chain management. After the rapid development of many economies, quality standards have focused on consumer demands for safe food and beverage. The book considers that food safety is a multi-faceted subject, using microbiology, chemistry, standards and regulations, and risk management to address issues involving bacterial pathogens, chemical contaminants, natural toxicants, additive safety, allergens, and more. This volume emphasizes the interrelationship between these areas and their equal importance in food production.
1. Transformation of Phosphorus in Soils of Agroecosystems in Long-Term Experiments: Sustainability Challenges of Phosphorus and Food
Rafail A. Afanas et al.
2. The Content of Exchange Potassium in Soil with Prolonged Application of Fertilizers: Impact of Soil on Food Safety
Rafail A. Afanas and Genrietta E. Merzlaya
3. Foodborne Pathogenic Anaerobes
A. A. P. Milton et al.
4. Microwave-Assisted Extraction of Phenolic Compounds from Ceylon Olive (Elaeocarpus serratus)
Jayanta Pal and Laxmikant S. Badwaik
5. Surfactant-Mediated Ultrasound-Assisted Extraction of Phenolic Compounds from Musa balbisiana Bracts: Kinetic Study and Phytochemical Profiling
Girija Brahma et al.
6. Current Prospects of Bio-Based Nanostructured Materials in Food Safety and Preservation
Tabli Ghosh, Kona Mondal, and Vimal Katiyar
7. Campylobacteriosis: Emerging Foodborne Zoonoses
A. A. P. Milton et al.
8. Enzymatic Modification of Ferulic Acid Content in Arabinoxylans from Maize Distillers Grains: Effect on the Rheology of Gels
Jorge A. Márquez-Escalante and Elizabeth Carvajal-Millan
9. Stability and Quality of Fruit Juices Incorporated with Probiotic Lactobacilli
Dipankar Kalita, Manabendra Mandal, and Charu Lata Mahanta
10. Study of Enthalpy-Entropy Compensation and Adsorption Characteristics of Legumes Using ANN Modelling
Preetisagar Talukdar, Pranjal Pratim Das, and Dr. Manuj Kumar Hazarika
11. Enzymatic Production of Chito-Oligosaccharides and D-Glucosamine by Fungal Chitosanases from Aspergillus Spp.: A Review
Carlos Neftalí Cano-González et al.
12. Isomaltulose: The Next Sweetener, A Quick Review
J. P. Bracho et al.
13. Going Through Pulsed Electric Fields Technology for Food Processing: Assessment of Progress and Achievements
Ana Mayela Ramos-De-La-Peña et al.
14. Security and Biodisponibility of Derivatives from Medicinal Plants in Food Consumption
Maria Del Carmen Rodríguez Salazar et al.
15. Dough Viscoelasticity of the Bread-Making Process Using the Dynamic Oscillation Method: A Review
J. E. Gerardo-Rodríguez et al.
16. Physicochemical Characteristics and Gelling Properties of Arabinoxylans Recovered from Maize Wastewater: Effect of Lime Soaking Time during Nixtamalization
G. Niño-Medina et al.