Inigo Garcia-Rodriguez, M. Elena Romero-Merino
February 11, 2020 Forthcoming
Reference - 168 Pages
ISBN 9780367211042 - CAT# K419408
Series: Routledge Studies in the Management of Voluntary and Non-Profit Organizations
The financial issues of nonprofit organizations (NPOs) have increased their importance in recent years, especially after the last global economic downturn. In this way, NPOs have been threatened by a reduction of income, while their work and expenses have not decreased. In this book, the editors bring together several topics that the academic literature has previously addressed, connecting them to each other and evaluating how all these issues are interrelated. Financing Nonprofit Organizations analyses the state of art of all these financial topics and the consequences of the last economic crisis. It dives into the interrelations of these concepts to suggest lines of future research and to reflect on the future of the different sources of funding of the NPOs. It will be of interest to students, practitioners, and researchers interested in initiating and updating their knowledge in the growing field of the financial aspects of the NPOs.
1. A journey through the finance of nonprofit organizations: an introduction.
Inigo Garcia-Rodriguez and M. Elena Romero-Merino
PART I Determinants of public and private income
2. Why do donors donate?
Ignacio Bretos, Millán Díaz-Foncea, and Carmen Marcuello
3. Efficiency in nonprofit organizations.
Víctor Martín-Pérez and Natalia Martín-Cruz
4. Governance and its effect on philanthropic income.
5. Accountability, transparency, and voluntary disclosure in the nonprofit organizations.
María del Mar Gálvez-Rodríguez, Manuel López-Godoy, and María del Carmen Caba-Pérez.
6. Nonprofit organizations reputation and its role in their success: antecedents and effects. Esther de Quevedo-Puente and Clara Pérez-Cornejo
7. Crowding-out or crowding-in: the dynamics of different revenue streams.
Arjen de Wit, René Bekkers, and Pamala Wiepking
PART II Revenues, funding and financial health
8. Revenue diversification, growth, and stability.
Grace L. Chikoto-Schultz and Narttana Sakolvittayanon
9. Nonprofit profits: slack, surplus, and reserves.
Thad D. Calabrese and Todd L. Ely
10. Treasury, cash, and liquidity management in nonprofit organizations.
11. Capital structure and financial health.
Marcus Lam, Elizabeth Searing, Christopher Prentice, and Nathan Grasse
PART III New ways of financing and an approach to the business practices
12. Business practices in nonprofit funding.
Gabriela Vaceková, Mária Murray Svidroňová, Michal Plaček, and Juraj Nemec
13. Crowdfunding as a new model of nonprofit funding.