An updated, reader-friendly guide to feminist theory and therapy!
Feminist Theories and Feminist Psychotherapies: Origins, Themes, and Diversity, Second Edition examines major feminist theoretical perspectives and links them to practical applications of feminist therapy. This book focuses on the evolution of feminist therapy and how historical and current feminist practices interconnect with feminist theoretical and political thought. This new edition contains numerous improvements to further your research with new references, additional information on diversity issues, and more.
Important updates in this new edition include:
- the revision of every chapter to improve readability and update references
- the reorganization of content to combine specific feminist theories and their corresponding therapies within the same chapter
- the expansion of the sections on feminist therapy
- the substantial revision of the chapter on women-of-color feminisms and therapies to include Chicana and Asian-American feminisms
- the addition of two new chapters on global feminism, postmodernism, lesbian/queer feminisms, and third-wave feminisms and therapy
- the revision of the chapter on integration to include models and issues that emerged during the last decade
Feminist Theories and Feminist Psychotherapies is an interactive text that includes self-reflection surveys to help you determine which feminist theories and therapies you favor in practice. The final chapter integrates theory and practice with questions for formulating your own personal approach to feminist counseling and psychotherapy. This book is most useful to mental health professionals and graduate students but accessible to undergraduate students as well.
Feminist Theories and Feminist Psychotherapies concentrates on major feminist theories and therapies, including:
- liberal feminist theory and therapy
- radical social change feminisms in feminist theory and therapy
- cultural feminist theory and therapy
- women-of-color feminisms and feminist therapy
- global feminist theory and therapy
- feminist postmodernism theory and therapy
- lesbian/queer feminisms and therapy
- third-wave feminisms and therapy