Published February 14, 2018
Reference - 120 Pages
ISBN 9781138564381 - CAT# Y381592
Since the end of the 1990s, the Chinese higher education system has seen a dramatic expansion of enrolment. China currently has the largest higher education system in the world, however, the rapid growth resulted in concerns being raised about the quality of the system. In response, an array of external quality assessment schemes of higher education has been established, based on suggested policy designs and reforms. The establishment of an effective quality assurance mechanism is a major challenge for universities around the world, therefore, what experience and lessons can be learned from the Chinese practice?
This book analyses the external quality assurance system of higher education in China. It brings together scholarship on this topic by renowned Chinese experts, reporting and discussing recent policy developments and research. It presents and analyses various quality evaluation schemes, covering undergraduate, postgraduate, and vocational levels of higher education. The theoretical roots and value orientation of Chinese higher education quality assurance are also reflected on. This volume was originally published as a special issue of Chinese Education and Society.
1. External Higher Education Quality Assurance System in China Liu Shuiyun
2. Quality Assurance in Higher Education: Reflection, Criticism, and Change Zhang Yingqiang and Su Yongjian
3. On the Effects, Problems, and Countermeasures of Undergraduate Teaching Evaluation in Higher Education Liu Xianjun, Yu Yang, Zhang Junchao, Wei Shuguang, and Ding Ling
4. The Effectiveness of the Higher Education Quality Assessment System: Problems and Countermeasures in China Zhou Guangli
5. Newly Built Undergraduate Schools Should Place Great Emphasis on Connotation Construction and Quality Promotion: An Analysis Based on the Qualification Evaluation Results for 41 Undergraduate Schools Zhong Binglin
6. The Value Orientation of Higher Vocational Education Evaluation: A Textual Analysis of an Evaluation Program Wang Yonglin and Wang Zhanjun
7. The Operation Mechanisms of External Quality Assurance Frameworks of Foreign Higher Education and Implications for Graduate Education Lin Mengquan, Chang Kai, and Gong Le
8. Data-Intensive Evaluation: The Concept, Methods, and Prospects of Higher Education Monitoring Evaluation Wang Zhanjun, Qiao Weifeng, and Li Jiangbo
9. The Evolution of Topics and Leading Trends over the Past 15 Years of Research on the Quality of Higher Education in China: Based on Keyword Co-Occurrence Knowledge Map Analysis of the Research Papers Published from 2000 to 2014 in the CSSCI Database Qu Xia and Yang Xiaotong