Jayanta Kumar Patra, Gitishree Das, Sanjeet Kumar, Hrudayanath Thatoi
Apple Academic Press
April 15, 2019 Forthcoming
Reference - 515 Pages - 19 Color & 51 B/W Illustrations
ISBN 9781771887731 - CAT# K405096
For Instructors Request Inspection Copy
SAVE ~$33.99 on each
Ethnopharmacology and Biodiversity of Medicinal Plants provides a multitude of contemporary views on the diversity of medicinal plants, discussing both their traditional uses and therapeutic claims. This book emphasizes the importance of cataloging ethnomedical information as well as examining and preserving the diversity of traditional medicines. It also discusses the challenges present with limited access to modern medicine and the ways in which research can be conducted to enhance these modern practices. The book also explores the conservation procedures for endangered plant species and discusses their relevance to ethnopharmacology.
Each chapter of this book relays the research of experts in the field who conducted research in diverse landscapes of India, providing a detailed account of the basic and applied approaches of ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology. The book reviews multiple processes pertaining to medicinal plants, such as collecting the traditional therapeutic values and validation methods. It also explores developments in the field such as the diversity and medicinal potential of unexplored plant species and applications in drug formulation to fight against anti-microbial resistance (AMR).
Part 1: Biodiversity And Conservation
1. Biodiversity Bioprospection with Respect to Medicinal Plants
Abhishek Kumar Dwivedy et al.
2. Diversity Analysis of Indian Mangrove Organisms to Explore Their Potential in Novel and Value-Added Biomolecules
Angana Sarkar et al.
3. Ecological and Biomass Assessment of Vegetation Cover of an University Campus
Kakoli Banerjee et al.
4. Edible Solanum Species Used by the Ethnic and Local People of North Eastern India
Moumita Saha and B. K. Datta
5. Medicinal Plant Diversity in Urban Areas
Sanjeet Kumar et al.
6. Araceae of Agasthyamala Biosphere Reserve, South Western Ghats, India
Jose Mathew et al.
7. Flowering Plant Diversity in the Alpine Regions of Eastern Himalaya
Dipankar Borah et al.
Part 2: Ethnopharmacology And Medicinal Plants
8. Ethno-Bioprospection in North East India
Amritesh C. Shukla et al.
9. Medicinal Plants of India and Their Antimicrobial Property
Ifra Zoomi et al.
10. Ethnopharmacological Properties of Some Threatened Medicinal Plants
Sanjeet Kumar et al.
11. Medicinal Plants: A Potent Antimicrobial Source and an Alternative to Combat Antibiotic Resistance
Shraddha Chauhan, Reecha Sahu, and Lata S B Upadhyay
12. Lasia spinosa: Wild Nutraceutical for Formulation of Future Drugs
Sabeela Beevi Ummalyma and Rajkumari Supriya Devi
13. Plant Diversity and Ethano-Botanical Prospective of Odisha
Saswati Dash, et al.
14. Structural Profiling of Bioactive Compounds with Medicinal Potential from Traditional Indian Medicinal Plants
C. Sareena et al.
15. Ethnobotanical Study of Pharmacologically Important Medicinal Plants
S. C. Sahu
16. Garcinia xanthochymus Hook. F. Ex T. Anderson: An Ethnobotanically Important Tree Species of the Similipal Biosphere Reserve, India
Rajkumari Supriya Devi et al.
17. Tribal Claims vs. Scientific Validation: A Case Study on Two Species of Order Zingiberales curcuma Longa L. & Costus speciosus Koen
R. S. Devi, et al.