- Highly relevant as the requirement for specialists in elderly medicine increases with ageing populations
- Fully revised and updated throughout
- Focuses on the key aspects of elderly care
- Spans both general medicine and and the particular problems encountered in geriatrics which receive scant coverage in general medical texts
- Expanded self assessment material - now with over 200 best of five questions with explanatory answers throughout the book
This third edition of Essential Geriatrics
has been comprehensively updated and expanded, and now includes over 200 questions and answers throughout the text in the 'best of five' format. This text specifically focuses on the key aspects of elderly care, spanning both general medicine and the particular problems encountered in geriatrics as a route into the specialty. Practical guidance for managing the conditions covered is included at the end of each section, with reasoned approaches to areas where evidence is more scarce.
Table of Contents
Part A: Medicine and Old Age
Part B: Brain
Part C: Bladder and Bowel
Part D: Falls and Related Topics
Part E: Cardiovascular
Part F: Selected Topics
"All of the major geriatric syndromes are dealt with, such as Dementia, Delirium, Movement Disorders, Continence and Falls … The entire volume is eminently readable and avoids the overly academic tone and focus that repels trainees … a truly fantastic book."
—Shane O’Hanlon, Honorary Deputy Secretary, British Geriatrics Society